Preparing to GO!
An abundance of emotions ... What to take? What to leave? Parting from Tom for over a month ... yet it WILL go by quickly and we'll meet in Denmark. Family history to research, Castles to explore, research to enjoy ... but what will I miss at home ... Adventures to enjoy ... Finances to consider. I've been up and down over this opportunity since December when I found out I was accepted. And yet ultimately; that's just what this is an OPPORTUNITY!
At this point excitement is building with each Checklist item completed and home "responsibility" passed to another family member. I fly out in 5 days ... 20 hours later I'll arrive in Copenhagen, Denmark. How amazing to live today when the journey around the world takes so "little" time. Think of me this Sunday (5/27th), won't you (?), as I manage multiple plane transitions, a train ride "under" the water between Denmark and Sweden, and a final 10 mile trip to Lund University, Sweden. My home for the month of June.
As my reading group's readers say at the end of each non-complete story, "More to Come."

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you, Penny! Have a fabulous time! We'll miss you but will enjoy reading your story along the way.
ReplyDeleteThanks Heather. And the is for all of your logistical support this year!! Ill return with some Swedish chocolate.
ReplyDeleteHi Penny! thank you for the beautiful note and invitation to follow you on your adventure of studies, and culture of Sweden. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Anxious to hear of " more to come!" Blessings, Patti
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for you you for safety and health as you embark on this journey God is taking you but mostly for open eyes to see the God of our universe in a fresh and unique way. Love you more than you can know ����!!! Mom/Inez Dooney
ReplyDelete