Waiting for the train to Sweden at the Copenhagen airport.
While landing in Copenhagen I couldn't help but think about my great-grandfather. Where did he live? If he'd never left Copenhagen would I speak (and understand) Danish & Swedish today? Swedish Words from Prof Reuterskiold:Hej = Hello; tack (I heard pronounced "tuck") = thank you; vi ses = see you; ursakta = excuse me; forlat = I'm sorry
I hope to discover some ancestrial information while here but if not it's just fun to think I could've been raised here!
Countryside between Malmo & Lund pretty agricultural and gorgeous!
Leaving Malmo for Lund!
Finally ...
The view from my window ... those white flags are a grocery store. Our team is on the 2nd floor with
the laundry & a fully stocked kitchen on the same floor with us. Pretty spoiled, eh?
It was gorgeously warm today!! Silly me I always thought Sweden was a cool country but today is toasty warm! Tomorrow begins our studies with a tour of the town & campus (more workout for me -- sans luggage -- which means "without luggage"). Hopefully I'll have more pictures to present ... then there will be reading to finish and quizzes to take .. it is school after all ... ;) ... More to come!







Thank you Lord for safe travels and wow beautiful country side. Most likely if Great grand father never left Denmark, he would never met great grandmother as her family was from Kentucky and moved to Colorado where grandma and grandpa met on adjoining properties. Enjoy your adventures and new cultures
ReplyDeleteYes, thank you Lord and thanks for the prayer support.
ReplyDeleteI do know that I wouldn't be me of Great Grandpa hadn't come to America. But it was interesting thoughts to consider ... who I might be.
Glad to hear you are safe and sound on the ground! That's a long trip! Thank you for the updates and pictures. Now, go learn some more!! Knowledge never ends! Have a blessed day.
ReplyDeletePatti, Thank you for your prayer support and encouragement. It feels so comforting to "be" here without the anxious thoughts of that travel day ... I just kept praying for God to lead the next step and the right person to ask questions. HE definitely provided!! I'm sure it's because of all the support from His family lifting my tired self up like Aaron & Hur. ;)
ReplyDelete