Helsingor was lovely ... the shops, the ancient buildings ... some you could see the beams sagging from the outside ... but they are maintained because it's part of the city street. I enjoyed the flower shop, the picnic of students by the church and the multi-color buildings that seems to be present in many areas of Denmark. It was a bit of a hike out to Hamlet's castle but it was worth the view. First we crossed a moat, then I think we had to enter 2 or 3 gates to get to the main entrance of the castle. Apparently, every Summer they present the play "Hamlet" from here ... I think Professor Reuterskiold said in July. That would be amazing to see! As you look back across the spit from the south tower you can see Sweden. "Hello, Sweden!" We didn't go in to the castle because as Professor R says, "You see one castle you've seen them all." ;-) Plus we had a busy day ahead so back to Elsinore for food (YUM!!) and a little stroll before catching the train again.

































Such quaint streets and buildings! I don't know, but I think I would never tire of seeing another castle!! Such rich history!
ReplyDelete