Saturday, June 16, 2018

Part 3 A Circle between 2 Countries

The acoustics lab at Copenhagen University was beyond words and a little beyond me. I always wanted to go back and spend more time with my Sound Instrumentation & acoustics courses but time hasn't yet allowed. I wish I had more "ready" knowledge when we toured here. It was like so many articles I've read crashed in my head the moment I saw this place.  The best experience for me was walking into the "Anechoic Chamber." Like walking on a trampoline because basically you are. We had to put shoe covers on our feet before entering then you step onto a screen covered fencing material floor with about 10 (?) feet of space below. The lowered floor and the walls are covered with a type of foam/ insulation material which dampens the sound so they can study the affects of sound travel, how to limit sound travel, and multiple other applications of sound.  Pretty Amazing stuff.  I have a feeling my husband would've enjoyed this tour as well as a few musical friends.  I'd have liked to spend more time understanding the implications of it all ... more research for me!!














1 comment: