Monday, July 9, 2018

July 1st - A day in Lund for Bear

Bear wanted to see the town I've spent the last month studying in ... So off we went. Melissa would be SO proud. I figured out the train transfers all by myself to Lund and back. ;-)  No mishaps! First we circled the town square looking for our favorite little shop that makes the BEST Fika waffles ever. They are only open on Sundays ... However, apparently NOT during July when it is holiday season for Sweden. Sad faces!










Tom had a brief chat with the Giant Finn who tried to trick the priest into giving up his wife's eyes in payment for building the Cathedral. Tom's response to him, "never mess with God's men." This crypt is filled with amazing shadows & light as well as history of people from ages ago.  Lovin' the history!!
















After brunch we "rushed," with only 2 minutes to get there, to the Cathedral to see the children dance around the clock. I had the video set on the way in just in case it was in progress as we entered (video 1) but to my delight ... it started about 1 minute after we arrived (Video 2). What a gift! I'd been trying to see this for a month and on my last Sunday in Lund I arrived just in time. I hope you enjoy the brief children dance around the calendar clock. Then we toured the Cathedral ...



So, after a few photo ops in the area, waffle shop, flowers, the "beach" we went to VED for brunch. SO delicious!!  And if you need to use a "free" WC (water closet) what better way to find it than an elaborate candle / photo path ;-)




















Then we walked my daily path from class to the Guest house and bought a few fruits from my store. I loved sharing this with him.  And Look NYU Sweden 2018 group ... they are finally laying brick in that construction project out front. ;-)






Tired out and ready to return to Copenhagen. Goodbye Lund! Thanks for the memories and for showing Tom a bit of what I've seen.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you got to show Tom some amazing sights in Lund. The cathedral was amazing! But I could not get the videos to play on my computer. Your sad faces were cute for no waffles! I'm back tracking to read your posts. My computer died and I finally got a new one so I'm catching up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear about your computer ... but sometimes it's just nice getting a new one. I don't know why but the pictures loaded out of sync with the comments on this post ... hopefully you were able to make sense of it. ;)

      Delete