Wednesday brought began with a morning lecture by one of Dr. R's former doctoral students who grew up and now practices in Sweden. She spoke about her research in later language development and disorders in Swedish students which was also fascinating.
Following this we enjoyed a tour of old town, a house of nobility (I think), a harbor, and a church. All of the art, the carvings, the architecture and of course the cobblestones were amazing. The house of nobility (I missed it's real name) no longer carries any power we were told. The last of the nobility that was added was early 1900s. However, those men (women are not allowed) from families who still remain meet here -- why? To maintain their titles -- I guess. Regardless it was very interesting to peruse their various family crests.
It's very surreal to walk in a place that is centuries older than America. The history is rich and evident here!
Then lunch in old village plaza ... we had European Pizza, Stockholm style. Very thin crust, with tomato sauce, mozzarella, lunch meat type ham, & mushrooms. It was ok.
Then the majority of us made a "necessary" change in sleeping locations. Let's just say - It was quite the beneficial improvement!!
After taking a much-needed nap in our new abode, Melissa and I ventured out to peruse a local photo museum that was near our new hotel. Consequently, it was also on the waterfront, which was very appealing!! ;) The stairs up that rock cliff ... not so much! I DID make it, though. Whew!







































































Aaaamazing! Loved the church details and architecture and picture of you in front of the crests!
ReplyDelete